All the philosophy needs is an 'if.'

My wife and I once had the opportunity to visit London. If you have ever been and had the privilege of seeing Hyde Park then you should be able to relate. This park is a place where people can stand on a soapbox and discuss anything they want. It does not matter if the topic is political, religious, or taboo. This blog is my Hyde Park. I will say whatever comes to mind. I don't expect masses to gather to hear my orations like they do in London, but then that is not really the point.

April 28, 2010

The Bible and Counting

I learned something new today. In Genesis 22:17 it says that God will multiply the seed of Abraham to the point that they are as many in number as the stars in the heaven and the sands of the sea. I always marveled at this and though about how big of a number it must be. Today, however, I received some perspective. As it turns out, it is also the same number of times that a parent must put a 4 year old to bed before he actually falls asleep.

No comments: