All the philosophy needs is an 'if.'

My wife and I once had the opportunity to visit London. If you have ever been and had the privilege of seeing Hyde Park then you should be able to relate. This park is a place where people can stand on a soapbox and discuss anything they want. It does not matter if the topic is political, religious, or taboo. This blog is my Hyde Park. I will say whatever comes to mind. I don't expect masses to gather to hear my orations like they do in London, but then that is not really the point.

April 30, 2010

This

http://www.nature.com/news/2010/100428/full/news.2010.207.html

Is HUGE!!! I think it is nuts that even the author didn't understand what he was reporting. No one cares about whether a chunk of ice brought water to the earth billions of years ago. We all know that if this was the way God wanted it to happen then this is the way it would happen. That doesn't matter. What matters in this article is that the scientists have discovered ORGANIC material on that rock.

They have often found water on asteroids and determined that they could not be a contributing factor to the water on Earth because the isotope signatures did not match. Just last month, when Obama shut down moon exploration he also stated that we should focus on landing on an asteroid. I hope NASA or others make a serious push to investigate this. I would be very interested to see what the isotopes of the organic material said. If they are the same as the Earth's signature, did they come from here or did Earth's come from there. If they are different then where did they come from? How can we find this place? Is life still there? Would it be a place we could inhabit?...?...?...?...?

No comments: