All the philosophy needs is an 'if.'

My wife and I once had the opportunity to visit London. If you have ever been and had the privilege of seeing Hyde Park then you should be able to relate. This park is a place where people can stand on a soapbox and discuss anything they want. It does not matter if the topic is political, religious, or taboo. This blog is my Hyde Park. I will say whatever comes to mind. I don't expect masses to gather to hear my orations like they do in London, but then that is not really the point.

July 23, 2010

Where Does Time Go?

Holy cow it has been a long time since I made a post. I have been swamped with things and simply have not had time to get on here. I am teaching a ton of classes right now for summer school. The money is nice, but it is leaving little time for anything else. On top of all this, I have taken a new job at a different school, so I am trying to get things in order for that. The job is in Wyoming which is like 5 million miles away from Texas so we are definitely going to need to move. I don't think that a commute would work for this one. The house is for sale if you know anyone that is interested. We have had some interest in it, but only a couple of promising prospects. I really hope that it sells before we leave as it would sure make life more enjoyable once we get to Wyoming. Because of this opportunity I have recently been thinking about our situation. Normally I am of the mind that you make life what it is and because of this I have always enjoyed Texas. But, recently I have been closely examining the situation here and have come to the realization that I HATE Texas. August 12th can't come soon enough. I have met a few people here that I will truly miss, but the overall experience here has been atrocious and I cannot wait to get out. I hate everything about this place. I hate the way people drive. I hate peoples attitudes. I hate the heat, the hurricanes, the culture, and the politics. The church is still true down here, but man are the members strange. I hate my boss. I hate my office. I hate the facilities that I have had to tolerate. I hate the ignorance and the sense of entitlement that nearly everyone has here. If you ever have the chance to visit Texas, you should pass it up.

No comments: